Saturday, March 15, 2014

Snapshot of Destination Imagination

In December, I was offered an opportunity at my school that I couldn't refuse. The schools within our high school cluster were the newest participants in Destination Imagination, and they were in need of team managers. I had never heard of it, but when I did some research, I was eager to participate. Our school was going to have two teams made up of students who were just short of entering our Talented and Gifted program, but otherwise had great academic scores and attendance records. The premise is that DI holds major tournaments each year that weave science and performing arts and problems solving skills and teamwork all together. Today was our tournament day, and what a fantastic day we had! With me acting as team manager, the students caught up to everyone else in GA to actually have enough craftsmanship and story line to perform in a very tough technical challenge, and they did as great as they could with the time we were given. I am thoroughly proud of them. Click on the DI logo below to see both of our school's teams' journey that got us here today. You can also find out more about this program, which is open to all student teams from Pre-K to college levels. I can't say enough about this program. If you want to get your students ready for any S.T.E.M. or S.T.E.A.M programs and curriculum, this is a great route to choose. The students have had a blast! So have I. Not only did I have fun, now that we've completed this milestone, I think I've earned a spa day to boot! =)

Go here to read about our Destination Imagination Journey


Way to go, kids!  Congratulations to my team, the Undefeated Golden Eagles, for their journey and participation in today's Affiliate Tournament. I just want to promise they did indeed have a good time. I'm know it's impossible to tell if you're looking at their faces.  

No comments :

Post a Comment