Monday, October 20, 2014

Sweet Nomination - Liebster Award

After a weekend of traveling, there is nothing better than pulling into your driveway. My bonus was being greeted by my husband who didn't make the trip with me. I was also greeted by a lovely surprise in my inbox. My blog was nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you for the honor of nominating my little blog, Kristin (A LoveLi Class)!
A LoveLi Class
This award goes to new bloggers with less than 200 subscribers. I'm new and certainly far away from having 200 subscribers, so I'm tickled by the distinction! 
As a nominee, I'm now tasked with answering 11 questions about myself and my blog, and then share this nomination with 11 other up-and-coming bloggers.

1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
My blog went live on January 3, 2014. I had decided that I wanted to blog, share my ideas, and really record the activities I did in class with my students. After the anticipation, nervousness, and scrambling in August, December is really when I feel inspired and fired up. The Christmas break was a perfect time to act on my goal of starting a blog. It's been a lot of fun, but you'll find that my blog entries are few and far between during first quarter.

 2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why? 
Fresh. Not necessarily to other teachers or followers, but the whole concept of blogging is so fresh to me. It's so fresh that I don't really see it as successful yet, but I really can't wait for it to ripen or bloom... It's so fresh, I'm not even sure what it will become. I'm also so fresh that I feel that I just blog like I journal.  No one is reading these entries but me.  

3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before? 
I felt like I started off pretty strongly. Early on, I did realize that purchasing a blog template was way less painful than creating one from scratch. There are tons of things I don't know about blogging yet! I'm still waiting to see what I wish I knew before, but I do want my blog to grow and for it to be helpful to others.

4. What is your favorite past time other than blogging
Well, my favorite is sleeping in like a teenager whenever that opportunity presents itself, but truthfully, photography has my heart. Luckily, I adore photographing children. When I'm not wearing my teacher hat or my blogger hat or my TPT seller hat, I'm running my business, Atwell Photography. I won't link you to the Atwell Photography website, because that site hasn't been seen since I started this blog. I do manage to update the Facebook page, though. This is from the current shoot that I'm editing at the moment.


5. How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog? 
Mmmm... this time a year, the blog hasn't gotten a whole lot of love. I probably give about 5-6 hours to it. I will be revamping and populating a lot more during the Christmas break and through the end of the year.

6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most? 
My guilty pleasure is celebrity gossip blogs. Pretty embarrassing, but I do keep up with a variety of teaching blogs. I love sharing, and I love teachers that share. I'm also so inspired and in awe of the creativity of teachers that blog. I'm always thoroughly surprised by the many ways teachers adapt to meet the needs and interest of kids.

7. Where does your blog inspiration come from? 
Definitely not from one place. I follow tons and tons of inspirational teachers on Facebook and Instagram. The first fellow blogger that I really became a groupie of was Greg Smedley-Warren at Smedley's Smorgasbord of Kindergarten. Funny thing is I don't even teach kindergarten, but something about Greg's personality really resonated with me. Plus, I think he's so innovative. So much so, I stalked him at Atlanta's IKEA. That was such a great day!


8. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I'm most proud of my post about Liberia and Ebola - I Stand with You, Liberia. My, how it has progressed during that post. While proud of it, I'm upset with myself for not having posted more since. 
   
9. Is there any post you have been planning to do, but have postponing it for a while now? 
My goodness, yes. I've been working on a literature packet for eons now. I actually actively use everything in the packet on a daily basis, but the whole write-up is not complete. I'm teaching reading for the first time this year, so I'm still learning about the intricacies myself. I want to make sure my blog post makes sense.


 10. What is your favorite aspect of blogging? 
Simply, I like sharing. That's why it would be great if more readers stopped by. But I know there's so much information out there.  Bloggers are taking over my internet!!  =)

11. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself? 
How in the world do I pick one?? Can't do it. I love everything in your Monday Made It post! I even have that same mailbox. Unfortunately, I have 2 students in two classes in my classroom. It's stripped away a lot of my creativity this year.  =(

My Liebster Nominees:


I'm looking forward to a few of you hopefully all of you completing the questions, they were actually really good and I learnt a lot about myself :)

 Now that you've been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out."
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)



No comments :

Post a Comment